Are you an Email Marketing Expert who is running various automated journeys in parallel and still wondering how you can leverage the data from sales and other parts of your organisation? Read on – here is your answer.
In addition to all the Marketing tools for Email campaigns you might have heard of, there is a powerful solution called Pardot. Developed by Salesforce, the world’s #1 CRM provider, Pardot combines Marketing Automation with Sales efforts in one place.
Pardot is the go-to solution for B2B companies with a massive focus on customer relationships through lead management, Email automation, and customer engagement. At this point, you might know that it is not only about collecting leads, but rather about the right content at the right time, and always considering what they really need. That includes also timing the automated handover of leads from marketing to sales and vice versa.
What does this mean in detail?
Pardot addresses common problems like having separate data silos for marketing and sales, losing the overview of subscription management, sales complaining about cold leads and marketing being restricted in the information they can use to automate Email campaigns.
The integrated approach of Pardot and Salesforce tackles exactly these two major problems:
- Need to send an automated survey to your customers after your sales have closed the deal? Let´s do it in Pardot.
- Need to enable the sales team to contact leads when they have recently engaged with your website or email content? Sure, let your sales follow up when your brand is still in your lead’s mind.
Now, you’ve already seen how Pardot can be of great help for your business, but let us look at all the out-of-the-box functionalities included:
- Track your customers’ behaviour with your content.
- Easily create standalone email campaigns or complex email automation.
- Triggers, rules and actions to define which email should be sent to which customer.
- Add forms to your website to capture lead details.
- Automatically score leads and hand them over to sales when the leads are hot.
- Schedule and monitor organic posts to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Create landing pages to host dynamic content based on customer data.
- Email Preference Center allowing your subscribers to update their preferences on their own.
- Segment your subscribers by behaviour, attributes or interactions.
- Check your emails in different email clients before sending, by the use of email rendering.
- Native integration to Salesforce data.
Of course, there are many more, but let’s have a look at some use cases:
The Marketing Automation of Pardot optimizes fast and effective lead distribution to Sales:
Leads are nurtured throughout automated email campaigns and handed over to your Sales team so they can take care of them as soon as possible. Then your sales reps are able to check their behaviour, age, status and qualification, as well as all the contact details needed to start a conversation. Depending on the source of the lead (Website, Social Media or Google Ads, for example) they can be assigned to a Key Account Manager effectively and fast. Looks like you just erased a lot of manual work and your lead gets the contact person they need!
Marketing leverages Sales data:
Imagine you are creating a dynamic list for all your customers with more than four purchases, so they automatically get a special Christmas email and are treated differently in your email automation. Fancy, isn´t it? Leveraging the information from sales can unlock a new dimension of segmentation and automation in your email marketing.
Combine reporting of Marketing & Sales:
The alignment of email marketing efforts to the revenue generated by sales can be achieved with B2B Marketing Analytics and directly shows you how many opportunities have been created based on your marketing campaigns.
Okay, but does this require a lot of implementation? Definitely not!
- Do you already have Salesforce SalesCloud or ServiceCloud in place? If yes, Pardot will be connected and set up in a short amount of time. If not, no worries – you don´t need Salesforce as CRM to use Pardot.
- Contact Salesforce for a detailed demo or contact a trusted Pardot implementation partner.
- Invite your marketing team to brainstorm new use cases and what you would like to achieve.
- Get access to the implemented Pardot environment and start marketing your services.
Written by: Christoph Wiederle, Salesforce Consultant @ EMPAUA.
Do you need more information about Salesforce Implementation?